RE: snmpconf Comments on BCP-09

At 03:11 PM 8/2/2002 +0200, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

>- RFC Editor always worries about refences to web pages.
>   How stable are they?

The only one there was the best reference at the time to the structure of
Cisco access control lists.  In the mean time, several excellent books have
come out on the subject.  I'll change the reference to point at them.

>Further, I am not sure if section 6 is meant as the
>Security Considerations section. I know that Sec ADs
>(and many others) will look for that section.

Looking over BCPs of the last year or so, about 2/3 of them have a short
security consid's section, not the typically heavily finessed one that
accompanies protocol specification RFCs and the like.  We can add that, a
paragraph which basically serves as a pointer to the areas in the BCP where
items of security interest were discussed.

We should pass along your observation on MUST in quoted materials to Scott
Bradner, for whenever RFC 2119 is due for an update.  Clearly, they didn't
mean for RFC 2119 to apply to previously RFC-approved material in block quotes.

Regards,
Wayne