Re: snmpconf advancement

I may be interested in collaborating with others on an open-source
implementation.

My game plan would be:
1. Start with the open source Javascript interpreter
2. Write the function library (this is quick and will demonstrate it is only a
small memory footprint)
3. Write the MIB code

At this point you have a running PM MIB mid-level manager/self-manager which is
probably too big to be embedded because of #1 which I presume would be large
(i.e. it isn't subsetted nor written with an embedded system in mind). But it
would be fine for a mid-level manager and for getting some experience. The next
two steps are:

A. Add a CLI function library
B. Write a PolicyScript interpreter from scratch to make it small. I think that
60K-80K is realistic.

The order of implementing A and B is subject to debate but I think that we'd
find it more interesting to do A first because this is just a toy without
access to controllable objects and SNMP doesn't hold a candle to CLI yet.

Anyone else interested?

Steve