Re: snmpconf advancement

--On Wednesday, June 19, 2002 11:24 AM -0400 "Harrington, David"
<dbh@enterasys.com> wrote:

> I would also like to personally encourage open source developers to
> produce a reference implementation, probably as a mid-level manager that
> translates snmpconf scripts into mib-specific SNMP commands, so operators
> can determine whether the language is sufficiently easy to use, and the
> CPU overhead can be measured.

Speaking as someone who works a lot with open-source. An open-source
implementation gets done by two groups;
   1) poeple doing it as study or hobby and
   2) poeple who can do it because there employer supports it.

So is Enterasys willing to sponsor such an effort?? Or others??

cheers,
Harrie