Re: Review of draft-ietf-snmpconf-bcp-07

I would like to share some of my experience with SNMP for
  configuration. I am working in developing the management solution for
softswitches
   in a carrier grade environment. SNMP is being used as the management
protocol.

  Customer input especially for embedded solutions look for
  minimal configuration at run time on the EMS. Most of the SNMP  object
  have pre-defined default values and the configuration gets done
  during startup or is read from a persistent storage file. SNMP
   is used majorly for monitoring and SNMP traps.

   For OEM/Switches SNMP makes more sense as a configuration
  interface. For service provider  segment  file based configuration
  profiles are more widely used and SNMP is used for monitoring.

   --
   harish