Re: Review of draft-ietf-snmpconf-bcp-07

At 04:00 PM 1/14/2002, Jon Saperia <saperia> wrote:
>On Monday 14 January 2002 03:47 pm, John Schnizlein wrote:
>>
>> Can you name the operator of a network who would say that
>> they configure their network through SNMP?
>
>I have provided examples of products that have SNMP configurability
>for their major operational compoents, are shipping and in use.

Please forgive me if it is just my inability to see equivalence.
Just because features are included in products, and used somewhere,
does not make them practices, much less best practices.
There are some QoS features in older versions of IOS I would not
recommend. ;-) I was told somebody asked for them.

John