Re: Review of draft-ietf-snmpconf-bcp-07

I hope "to tweak endless number of configuration bits" is not
being put forward as best practice for network configuration.

The existence of a (small fraction) of R/W MIB variables is not a very
compelling argument for the "best practice" claim. Can you name the
operator of a network who would say that they configure their network
through SNMP?

This is different from using SNMP for monitoring and tweaking.

John