Re: Review of draft-ietf-snmpconf-bcp-07 --Additional Comment

On Friday 11 January 2002 08:11 pm, Glenn Waters wrote:

> Second, there are some sections of the document that seem to gloss over
> the detail. Sections 4 and 5 are notable examples where the concepts are
> hastily presented and conclusions on how to deal with the issue is light
> on detail. I found reviewing these sections very difficult since if I
> were to write anything then I would have to spend a huge amount of time
> giving the feedback. I do note that the topics in those sections are
> very complexity and I can understand why I feel that they are light. I
> am not sure how or if they should fit into this document.

Mike did not comment on this so it was not in my previous reply. The
approach that we took is that an increment in information is better than
the current lack in some of these areas, particularly with regard to
management applications (section 5). I have to agree with your observation
that quite a lot more could be written. We think the observations
contained in these sections while not complete add to understanding and
are good practices. Section 5 stems mostly from my experience sometimes
learned the hard way.

Jon Saperia

saperia@jdscons.com
Phone: 617-744-1079