snmpconf BCP Candidate -07 draft sneak peek

'confers:

Here's a brief statement on the state of the "Configuring Networks and
Devices with SNMP" best current practices draft.

The long-heralded rewrite/revision of the document is complete.  The
current state of affairs can be found in the web page at
http://www.tiac.net/users/wayne/snmpconf/ .  Look for the links to the
"updated" drafts.

I wanted to give brief, and I mean like a couple of days, of commentary on
this.  Actually, if you really want to give some suggestions before I
submit this to the internet-draft editor, move fast--I have some formatting
and a couple of sentence sense changes to make on this per Jon's
final-final review, and I plan to get this to the editor **this Wednesday**
to make the cutoff for the Salt Lake City IETF.  I'm not sure where that
puts us with last-call process on this document, but it does give us
something to talk about over whatever beverages are predominant (I was
going to say 'lattes' or 'beers', but I didn't want to be presumptuous) at
our fine IETF 52 host city.

We'll probably restate the last call strategy in the next few, but the
point is review, so there it is.  Either way, look for -07 to be submitted
on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Regards,
Wayne

--------
RIP: Ken Kesey, 1935 - 2001

Wayne F. Tackabury              Internet: wayne@goldwiretech.com
Gold Wire Technology            Phone: (781) 398-8819
411 Waverley Oaks Rd., Ste 304
Waltham, MA  02452             Cell: (617) 699-6156