Re: BCP and Notifications (was: snmpconf FW: MIBs for events and notification logging)

The important point here is not reliability, by verifiability.  Even
when we have logs on the managed device, that does not guarantee that
the message will get through. Networks go down sometimes for a long
periods of time. The idea is: did the message get through in some finite
period of time, and if not what is done? Debating 'reliability' is a red
herring. In the end, with reasonable retry implementations, the message
gets through enough of the time to be helpful when using
INFORMS. Discussion beyond that falls into the realm of how many angels
can dance on the head of a pin.

Jon Saperia		     saperia@jdscons.com
			     Phone: 617-744-1079
			     Fax:   617-249-0874