Re: snmpconf FW: MIBs for events and notification logging

My view is that while DISMAN might be a great place to talk about some
of this part of the problem pointed to is alarm persistence on a simple
managed device. If we have decided that to support alarm persistence one
has to implement the alarm MIB I am afraid this might be too big a
hammer for some vendors and they will do their own thing.

/jon
> Hi -

> > From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>
> > To: snmpconf@snmp.com
> > Subject: RE: snmpconf FW: MIBs for events and notification logging
> > Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:47:22 +0200
> >
> > The idea of my email was more to stimulate the WG
> > to try and address the issue of persistence of
> > configuration data and event data.
> >
> > If the MIB that is out of the DISMAN WG is no good,
> > then that topic should be discussed in the DISMAN WG.
> >
> > Or so I think.
>
> I would think so, too, but I'd be happy just to find out
> what these problems are.  There have been multiple requests,
> both on the disman list and in person, for folks to identify
> any specific problems.  So far, we know that there is one
> redundant object in the Log MIB.  There has been discussion
> about whether different index structures might provide better
> retrieval performance.
>
> So, at the risk of sounding like a broken record: if you
> have technical issues with RFC 3014, please bring them
> to the disman WG mailing list.  Meaningful input and
> specific proposals are welcome.
>
>  ------------------------------------------------------
>  Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
>  randy_presuhn@bmc.com  2141 North First Street
>  Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San Josi, California 95131  USA
>  My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.

Jon Saperia		     saperia@jdscons.com
			     Phone: 617-744-1079
			     Fax:   617-249-0874
			     http://www.jdscons.com/