RE: snmpconf FW: MIBs for events and notification logging

Hi -

> From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>
> To: snmpconf@snmp.com
> Subject: RE: snmpconf FW: MIBs for events and notification logging
> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:47:22 +0200
>
> The idea of my email was more to stimulate the WG
> to try and address the issue of persistence of
> configuration data and event data.
>
> If the MIB that is out of the DISMAN WG is no good,
> then that topic should be discussed in the DISMAN WG.
>
> Or so I think.

I would think so, too, but I'd be happy just to find out
what these problems are.  There have been multiple requests,
both on the disman list and in person, for folks to identify
any specific problems.  So far, we know that there is one
redundant object in the Log MIB.  There has been discussion
about whether different index structures might provide better
retrieval performance.

So, at the risk of sounding like a broken record: if you
have technical issues with RFC 3014, please bring them
to the disman WG mailing list.  Meaningful input and
specific proposals are welcome.

 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 randy_presuhn@bmc.com  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San Josť, California 95131  USA
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.