Re: snmpconf FW: MIBs for events and notification logging

Hi -

> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:35:07 -0700
> From: mrm@riverstonenet.com (Mike MacFaden)
> To: snmpconf@snmp.com
> Subject: snmpconf FW: MIBs for events and notification logging
> One quip I heard from an circuit-head
> is the only difference between datacom gear
> adhering to IETF standards vs telco
> gear adhering to TMN standards is
> that that the latter has a "show alarms"
> state and an Alarm Cutoff (ACO).

The disman WG is currently working on this.  Persistance of
alarms and the alarm management configuration is an area that
needs closer examination.   Please follow-up on the disman
WG mailing list.

 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 randy_presuhn@bmc.com  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San Josť, California 95131  USA
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.