snmpconf Last call revisions for BCP

I'm forwarding this for Mike MacFaden, just for airing on the list.  The
following are the fine point diffs he dug out of the document to address
(unfortunately, I received these *just after* issuing -06 to the i-d
editor).  I don't see anything here that isn't the slightest bit in the
"yeah, just do it" class of suggested change.

I know of at least one other set of suggested changes being drafted for the
list.  For the rest of you, feel free to forward recommendations, don't be
shy. :)

Regards,
Wayne

-------

 > A. Both Page 7 and page 21 quote the "Requirements for IP Version 4
 > Routers". One of the references needs to be deletd. I don't care
 > which one.
 >
 > B. Minor grammar/spelling/punctuation changes:
 >
 > 101c101
 > < Standard Management Framework (or, more colloquially, SNMP). It covers
 > ---
 > > Standard Management Framework (colloquially, SNMP). It covers
 > 370c370
 > < In a network based example; convergence in an autonomous system cannot
 > ---
 > > In a network based example convergence in an autonomous system cannot
 > 461c461
 > < Over the past eight years, additional experience has shown a need to
 > ---
 > > Over the past eight years additional experience has shown a need to
 > 488c488
 > < modules.  However, MIB Modules do not define a naming scope. Generally,
 > ---
 > > modules.  MIB Modules do not define a naming scope. Generally,
 > 525c525
 > < of the protocol. SNMP is no example. Here are a few areas to consider
 > ---
 > > of the protocol. Here are a few areas to consider
 > 539c539
 > < ifTable, which have a sparse relationship.  If a given ifEntry supports
 > ---
 > > ifTable which have a sparse relationship.  If a given ifEntry supports
 > 596c596
 > < mandatory and non-defaultable objects have been set with acceptable val-
 > ---
 > > mandatory (non-defaultable) objects have been set with acceptable val-
 > 679c679
 > < This convention is not formalized, and there tend to be small differ-
 > ---
 > > This convention is not formalized. There tend to be small differ-
 > 1061c1061
 > < Often, MIB modules define a binary state object such as enable/disable
 > ---
 > > MIB modules often define a binary state object such as enable/disable
 > 1072c1072
 > < [RFC2579].  For example, the Q-BRIDGE-MIB [RFC2674] defines :
 > ---
 > > [RFC2579].  For example, the Q-BRIDGE-MIB [RFC2674] defines:
 > 1586c1586
 > < side of the object or use as an index a table.
 > ---
 > > side of the object or use as an index to a table.
 > 1588c1588
 > < Providing an SNMP Table to represent aggregate data does avoids the lim-
 > ---
 > > Providing an SNMP Table to represent aggregate data does avoid the lim-
 > 1695c1695
 > <    operations. Agent implementors must also be sensitive to
 > ---
 > >    operations. Agent implementers must also be sensitive to

--------

Wayne F. Tackabury              Internet: wayne@goldwiretech.com
Gold Wire Technology            Phone: (781) 398-8819
411 Waverley Oaks Rd., Ste 304
Waltham, MA  02452             Cell: (617) 699-6156