Re: snmpconf taxonomy discussion(s) - suggested resolution

> Jon, I understand your frustration... but you migth give it
> a try to show that WG is in favor of BCP.

Hi Bert,

If you will recall, you raised the question originally and it was in the
context of having a BCP that included policy information. Most of this
discussion took place in March of this year.

This is the thread you started:

You raised some questions and several people including Joel and Andrew made
points about the OKness of this as a BCP.  In the end there were no objections
registered.

The document as it will stand when republished is in line with 2026. It
documents practices that can be used for writing MIB Modules and development
of management software.

The first paragraph from 2026 states:

5.  BEST CURRENT PRACTICE (BCP) RFCs

   The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to
   standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.  A
   BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as
   standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF
   community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking
   on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the best way
   to perform some operations or IETF process function.

For a listing of extant BCPs take a look at:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/bcp-index.html

The snmpconf document seems like it fits just fine.

/jon