Re: snmpconf taxonomy discussion(s) - suggested resolution

> HI,
>
> Sorry for mixing two issues together. Thanks Wayne F. Tackabury for
> pointing this out.
>
> 1) I believe that there should be a "an SNMP-based framework for policy"
>    document, which is informational. That is, don't just throwaway the
>    taxonomy. However, use the existing policy documents are are LDAP
>    based and convert them (doesn't need to be a one-for-one conversion)
>    into documents that are SNMP-based.
>
> 2) Take the portion of the document that contains suggestions for
>    creating and using configuration objects and create an
>    informational document, and clean it up.
>
> Regards,
> /david t. perkins

I think we have a critical mass of information on the creation
management systems and mib objects (standard and private) to justify the
term bcp on the document under discussion. That is what you are left
with after we remove the taxonomy section.

Jon Saperia		     saperia@jdscons.com
			     Phone: 617-744-1079
			     Fax:   617-249-0874
			     http://www.jdscons.com/