Re: snmpconf Trap parameters in snmpSend

>> However, if I were to pick one (which I think SHOULD be done for
>> snmpconf for simplicity purposes) I'd say go with specifying v2
>> traps and having them get automatically converted to v1 if the
>> CR/NR in question supports v1 trap generation.

Jon> By you last sentence you mean what by CR/NR.

CR = command responder
NR = command generator

Jon> Is it not true that the node will be configured to genererate the
Jon> appropriate trap or inform to the correct destinations based on
Jon> the agent configuration? What am I missing?

Yes, that's what I'd expect.

However, this brings up another point.  Are you allowed to specify
where the TRAP PDU is sent to, or are you only allowed to tell the
host the script is running on "send this trap" and it's up to the
entity in question to send it to it's list of configured receivers.  I
could see arguments advocating one, the other, and both.
--
Wes Hardaker
NAI Labs