Re: snmpconf PM MIB Issue #9

One thing to keep in mind here is that configuration for next generation
devices can become quite large.  It is quite likely that configuration
cannot be written prior to SNMP timeout.  If I take the UCD tools as my
model, the SET request will be sent again, thus causing more work.

I'm not saying that you can't have a "write this now" button, just that you
need to do something a little bit smarter than a single MIB object.

-Matt

--On Wednesday, June 20, 2001 10:51 AM +0200 Juergen Schoenwaelder