Re: snmpconf PM MIB Issue #9

Jon> I like your idea of creating standard write buttons. I believe
Jon> this would be very helpful.

Jon> My first reaction though is that you have made this a bit more
Jon> than it needs to be. What I mean is that I do not think we really
Jon> need a new mib module with a table. Your concern about the
Jon> complexity of many scalars is well taken. My concern is that we
Jon> need to be able to write at many levels of granularity and we
Jon> could approximate with with the table but it would be another
Jon> 'registration' task agent implementors would have to deal
Jon> with. In the end a trade of decision.

From a manager's point of view, I would like to know where I can find
all the write buttons for the various MIB modules supported by an
agent (and its third party agent extensions). (This might as well be
handy for policy scripts that try to enforce a certain storage policy.)

Jon> All that said, we probably want to separate that discussion from
Jon> the current snmpconf discussion. Would this be an appropriate
Jon> topic for EOS.  I know that people on this list are on that
Jon> one. We should probably move this good discussion there or
Jon> wherever people think appropriate.

I think EOS if for protocol work. This has nothing to do with the
protocol - it is a MIB infrastructure issue. I think the best place
to discuss this would be <mibs@ops.ietf.org>. Bert, do you agree?

/js