Re: snmpconf pm issue #23 - policy termination

On Monday, June 11 2001, David Partain <David.Partain@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Steve Waldbusser wrote, after discussion with others on
> the list:
>
> > I totally agree with you guys that this is necessary. You can already
> > see this behavior described somewhat, it's just not complete yet.
> >
> > The following text is in the defer() function:
> > "When a policy defers it exits and the filter-matching policy with the
> > next-highest precedence is immediately run."
> >
> > Similar text needs to be added to the policy table logic as well.
> >
> > This isn't expensive either. We're just changing the timing a bit. We're
> > just re-evaluating the "previously trumped" policy filters immediately
> > rather than waiting till the next policyFilterMaxLatency time.
>
> So, if such text is added in the "policy table logic", would
> folks be happy?  I would be.

This resolves the implementation ambiguity that concerned me.

I'm happy.

	-s

---
Steve Moulton        SNMP Research, Inc            voice: +1 865 573 1434
Sr Software Engineer 3001 Kimberlin Heights Rd.    fax: +1 865 573 9197
moulton@snmp.com     Knoxville, TN 37920-9716 USA  http://www.snmp.com