Re: snmpconf PM MIB issue #6 CLOSED - counter32Delta and counterRate

Greetings,

Previously, I wrote:

> > Issue:  When Steve presented counter32Delta and counterRate,
> > there was a fair bit of discussion on whether they were right
> > as they are. More thought and discussion is required.
> >
> > There have been no discussion and no questions.  As such,
> > I assume that everyone understands how these two accessor
> > functions work and that the description is clear.
> >
> > If you have questions, please bring them up quickly.

This elicited responses from Steve W. and Bob Moore.

Steve Waldbusser wrote, regarding PM issue #6:

>   Some work really does need to be done here, so it is premature to
> close it.

The last exchange on this topic is at
http://www.snmp.com/snmpconf/mailing-list/msg00786.html

Solving the problem, as I understand it and as described in the
mail referenced above, requires some amount of MIB knowledge.
I don't know how we're going to solve this in the PM MIB module
or in the language.  I believe this _must_ be a script issue,
just as it's a management application issue today.

I hesitate to un-close this issue without any proposals of how to
fix the problem...

With kind regards,

--
David Partain                  David.Partain@ericsson.com
Ericsson Radio Systems AB      Tel:    +46 13 28 41 44