Re: snmpconf BCP - Issue # 2 - Correct any remaining technical errors (fwd)

> --On Friday, May 11, 2001 11:23 AM -0400 Jon Saperia <saperia@jdscons.com>
> wrote:
>
> >>             Agent/X considerations
> >
> > There is no section on this topic. If anyone has specific words to
> > contribute please post them to the WG list for possible inclusion in the
> > final draft to be published next month.
>
> Not sure what this would be since AgentX is designed to be invisible to
> management stations.
>

> -Matt

Agreed. There is a fairly extensive section on MIB Module design and
implementation issues. Even that that I am still not sure what we would
include. There is no section in the current posting on Agent/X. Clearly
there can be issues with the construction of configuration (or any other
structures) that must span sub-agents. Different sub agent technologies
have different abilities as you know. That said, I am not sure what we
can should write. For that reason, I am happy to remain silent. If
anyone does have a proposal now would be the right time as we collect
edits for the final draft before last call.

Jon Saperia		     saperia@jdscons.com
			     Phone: 617-744-1079
			     Fax:   617-249-0874
			     http://www.jdscons.com/