snmpconf BCP Issue 1 (Taxonomy) (fwd)

Resend, I had an email problem. Sorry for any duplicates.
/jon

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 10 May 2001 08:46:42 -0400
From:    Jon Saperia <saperia@jdscons.com>
To:      snmpconf@snmp.com
Subject: BCP Issue 1 (Taxonomy)

This is the first in a series of notes about the status of the 'to do'
items for the BCP. As scheduled, the BCP will be made available before
the close of business tomorrow, May 11.

Wayne and Mike have done their edits and I have had the document to
finish the edits.

Here is were we stand of item 1

The taxonomy has been significantly revised and clarified. There are now
levels for Services, Domains, and Instances. Mechanism and Implementation
also exist. The relationship between all of these has been
expanded. David Partain submitted an excellent ASCII diagram that is now
included.

- --
Jon Saperia		     saperia@jdscons.com
			     Phone: 617-744-1079