snmpconf BCP Issue #4 - Finish off MIB Module (fwd)

Resend, I had an email problem. Sorry for any duplicates.
/jon
------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 10 May 2001 09:01:36 -0400
From:    Jon Saperia <saperia@jdscons.com>
To:      snmpconf@snmp.com
Subject: BCP Issue #4 - Finish off MIB Module

> Issue: there have been a number of comments on the example MIB
> module included in the document. These issues need to be
> addressed.
>
>             DisplayString vs SnmpAdminString

The MIB Module has been almost completely re-written. SnmpAdminString is
used almost everywhere. The only exceptions are for descriptions (e.g., a
policy description.

>             Bob Moore's items

Bob Moore, Harrie, David Partain, and others discussed the abstractions
for the MIB Module and whether we should follow the example of the
DiffServ and DiffServ Configuration (a.k.a. Policy) module. In the end
we came out using the DiffServ model since it does offer more future
flexibility.

>             Notifications

A note has been made at the end of the MIB Module they should be
included. The purpose was not to do a complete MIB Module, just an
example. If anyone wishes to propose specific objects that I can
incorporate before the last revision, please post them to this list and
we can discuss them.

>             Compliances
Done.
>             Agent Caps

This is a MIB Module. If a person wants to write a possible Agent caps
statement. Please post it and we can consider its inclusion.

- --
Jon Saperia		     saperia@jdscons.com
			     Phone: 617-744-1079
			     Fax:   617-249-0874