Re: snmpconf 18.Update capabilities table

HI,

I'm having a difficult time understanding the MIB objects below.
Is there a document that provides some additional description?

I have the specific questions/concerns:
1) SMIv2 has the MODULE-COMPLIANCE construct for formally describing
   implementation requirements, and the AGENT-CAPABILITIES construct
   for describing implementation of object types and notification
   types in SNMP agents. However, it appears that the objects
   below are using instances of MODULE-COMPLIANCE definitions
   instead of instances of AGENT-CAPABILITIES definitions.
   Is the author confused or is below a creative use of
   compliance definitions?

2) The DESCRIPTION clause for pmCapabilitiesTable contains the
   sentence "An entry is removed from this table when the last
   element in the system that has the capability is removed."
   What does this mean? Is this referring to an instance of
   a managed resource? Or something else? Please focus on the
   phrase "last element in the system".

3) Note that MODULE-COMPLIANCE constructs can name object and
   notification types in one or more MIB modules. Also, a
   MODULE-COMPLIANCE construct specifies mandatory and conditional
   groups of object and/or notification types. A MODULE-COMPLIANCE
   may also contain object and notification exceptions that allow
   subset behaviors to be specified. When used as a capability
   specification, is a MODULE-COMPLIANCE instance interpreted
   in a minimal or maximal form?

4) The definition of object pmCapabilitiesType seems to imply that
   the value specified does not have to be the OID of a
   MODULE-COMPLIANCE definition (see point 2). If so, this is
   an ambiguous specification. What do the value of object
   pmCapabilitiesType identify?

5) The definition of object pmCapabilitiesType seems to imply that
   the value specified can identify a collection of capabilities
   (point 3). Note that SMIv2 does not have a construct to
   define a collection. What is this?

In general, what is trying to be described by the objects defined
below? Is it potential of support for instances of a resource?
And/or is it potential of support a particular instance of
a resource? Is it trying in any way to describe capacity (max
number of instances of resources), or interaction between
allocation of instances of one resource with another? (For example,
say there are two memory pools and instances of resource A and
B are allocated from pool 1, and instances or resources C, D, and E
are allocated from pool 2. Is there anyway to describe the
relationship between the resources and the memory pools? Does
the capabilities change if out of resources so no new ones
can be allocated?)

Regards,
/david t. perkins