[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: snmpconf to-do deadline today

>>>>> On Fri, 06 Apr 2001 08:46:04 +0200, David Partain <David.Partain@ericsson.com> said:

David> You do not need to have the solution complete, but we do need
David> to know that you want the change.

Hmm...  4:45pm on Friday.  Hope thats in time:

#1 Language versioning: I want it changed, but I'm not sure consensus
   has been reached yet.

#3: policy failure and fallback: I think it was agreed in the meeting
  that something must be done, but I haven't had time to write up a
  solution or to look at the problem (and I don't think Steve has

#4: code reuse: I think its a serious issue, but the factions seem to
  be split as to whether it should be dealt with or not (and the
  common consensus among those wanting it to be dealt with is that we
  should over-ride the previous decision about implementing
  functions).  Without reaching consensus, I suspect nothing can be
  done about this and cut-n-paste style coding is all that will be
  available in the way of re-use.

#5: script failure Notifications: I think it was agreed upon that
  something should be done, but neither Steve nor I have written up
  a concrete suggestion yet.

#8: hasn't been discussed but should be.

#17: security questions: discussion started, but not completed.

#25: pmPolicyCodeStatus: fixed I think, according to Steve I think.  I
  may be thinking about another issue swimming around in my head.

There are also a list of issues I posted before the conference that
Steve was "thinking about" still.  I'd prefer these not get dropped
until he or others have had the chance to think about them more.  

Wes Hardaker
NAI Labs
Network Associates