Re: snmpconf more setRowStatus problems

Hi,

I agree. I have managed ATM cards where specific channels were reserved
as control control channels.
A read showed nothing existing, but a write to such a row caused a
crash.
Now, I think the agent had a serious bug, but if I have a device with
such a bug, I would like to be able to craft my policies to recognize
the device (by reading SNMP objects) and constraining my choice of
indexes. On the other hand, I don't want to be forced to reimplement the
whole setRowStatus() algorithm just because one vendor's device has
range restrictions.

dbh

--
---
David Harrington            Network Management Standards Architect