Re: snmpconf a new issue: off-the-box operations

At 02:42 PM 4/4/2001 -0400, Pablo Halpern wrote:
Do you mean that you're not sure it is worth it to support off-the-box
operations or that it is not worth it to do the work to detail it?

Personally, I've been somewhat mystified on the application of this ever
since I noted it in the somewhat incomplete mention in the PM draft.

Maybe "mystified" is too strong a word.  Can Steve tell me what he was
thinking about here in terms of application and how objects might get
exposed as to their local agents?  I've been considering the notion of a
"PolicyScript proxy" for some time now, but that would be a private matter
of local proxy configuration, not exposed through the PM MIB.

Don't misread me--there might be and likely is some essential application
I'm missing here, I just want to understand what it is and how it would
play out administratively.

Thanks!

Wayne