Re: snmpconf issue #1: language versioning

Steve> In the Pittsburgh meeting we agreed to #2 except that we
Steve> wouldn't bother registering the initial version of the
Steve> language. If we make a modification we would register that
Steve> version. Nobody's going to put capMatch(version1) at the
Steve> beginning of every script particularly when there's only 1
Steve> version (and we wouldn't want to lead people to believe they
Steve> should). When the second version comes out and you want to use
Steve> features from it, you can first test with capMatch(version2).

Ahh.  No one mentioned that at the last meeting when I brought it up.

Anyway, thats fine by me.  I can't think of any reason to force a v1
registration.  The only vague answer I can come up with is that if a
manager was querying a cap table to see what version of a script to
upload, it wouldn't have to match against every known version type to
determine if it was a v1 script engine.  Minor minor point though.

--
Wes Hardaker
NAI Labs