Re: snmpconf To Do list items

Jon Saperia wrote:

> Harrie, Bert, Hongal:
>
> How would it be if we put a number of examples in the BCP in the section
> that deals with policy. We could use the script as an example of how to
> write a concise script for a fairly complicated system.

If you want to put it in the BCP, that is fine. However, I see one
problem
that is maybe a non-issue. The example has vendor extensions. That
means,
one should add the MIB module for the extensions in the BCP as well.
Otherwise, you just have half of an example.

Also when I looked at the example, there were some errors in it.
I admit I also made a few errors in mine, since the Diffserv MIB
is complicated. We must fix it before it goes in the BCP.

> There are two a couple of other examples that should go in there as
> well. We could reference the BCP in the other documents in such a way
> that it is not a normative reference but something people could look
> into if they wanted.

That is fine, refering to an example in an other document is
no problem and should be not a normative reference.

Harrie