Re: snmpconf To Do list items

"Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" wrote:
> From:         Jon Saperia[SMTP:saperia@jdscons.com]
> >         1. I think it was Bert that raised the question about more
> > examples in the BCP. Is this correct? In either case we should probably
> > add one or two to the BCP for the policy section as examples of good
> > ways to use the system. I believe that Hongal can help with this.
> >
> When the discussion came up about a simple and a complex example,
> Brian Carpenter suggested that the example presented by Hongal
> was far more complex then real life ISPs would want to do. He suggested
> a simple """data from customer A" gets special threatment is a more
> simpler and realistic example. So I suggested to do that one, but also
> keep the one that Hongal presented.

There is already an example in the diffserv-policy draft.
It does not have a full-blown scripting example as would be used
in the policy-mib module, but I attempted to keep it as simple
as possible.

Therefore, I start to wonder where do we want to put the example
of Hongal. I don't think it is the policy-mib draft and the
diffserv-policy draft already has an example.
one thing that was good with the example of Hongal was how to
use vendor extensions, but that is IMHO a diffserv-example.

Just my thoughts of it. Cheers,

Harrie