RE: snmpconf BCP document

Jeff,
I have many hadnscribble notes on the document which I
will hand to the authors/editors.

What bothers me most is that it seems premature to do BCP
on policy-based management. Maybe we should try a
BCP for the existing SNMP practices and a separate
guidelines  informational doc with sample MIB for policy
based management. At some later date, when we indeed
have more experience and some current practices,
maybe then we can clean that up and make it a BCP

But I must say that it also bothers me that various erros
and deficiencies in existing MIBs are spelled out and
I find it hard to see what the recommended best practices
are to prevent that in the future.

In the meantime I have also gone through the sample MIB
and have also there lots of comments scribbled in the
document. And I think we would need to add text that
describes how you can define some policies and a
sample set of filters and then show how that then gets
applied.

Bert