Re: snmpconf BCP document

    While one may argue about whether what this document describes are all
(or even mostly) current practices, I believe that the text describes the
best known ways to currently solve the problems addressed using SNMP.
     As such, publication of this information in a BCP would be very much
in line with what they have been used for in other cases.  There are quite
a few cases of BCPs used to describe "what you should do" rather than
strictly "what is being done", in the context of current knowledge and
experience.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern