Re: snmpconf BCP document: Example MIB

> There are a number of problems with the BLDG-HVAC-MIB
> in the -04 version of the BCP document, arising, I think,
> from trying to apply concepts and elements from the
> DiffServ and DiffServ Policy MIBs to a significantly
> different case.
>
> 1. First, a minor issue that looks like it's related to
>    the evolution of the MIB through its different
>    versions: it's not clear whether the indexing for
>    the bldgHVACButtonTable is supposed to be the
>    Floor and Office indexes from the bldgHVACTable (this
>    is what it actually says), or its own integer-valued
>    bldgHVACButtonIndex.  I'm going to argue below that
>    a somewhat different version of this table should
>    have an integer-valued index.

Bob, your observation is a correct one. For the BCP we started out with
one Module and were evolving toward two. We thought that a single module
based on pricipals that Harrie worked on for DiffServ (including the
work you did for rowPointers) would be a good idea.

I think some of your ideas are good ones. Harrie?? can we integrate them
and have a proposal for the meeting?

Jon Saperia		     saperia@jdscons.com
			     Phone: 617-744-1079
			     Fax:   617-249-0874