Re: snmpconf PM: Integer NaN?

At 01:19 PM 3/13/2001 -0500, Jeff Case wrote:
>most of the concepts in your note are based on an assumption:
>
>         In the future, it seems certain that floating point numbers
>         will be added to the set of SNMP data types.

I don't know why you would say this. I did make the above incorrect
statement, but very little of my post actually relies on it. I only mention
a future float type briefly at the beginning and end of my argument. The
rest of my messages argues against integer NaN for exactly the reasons you
state: scripts should terminate rather than propagate bad values.

>right answers, wrong reasons

Likewise :-)

- Pablo
Pablo Halpern                                    phalpern@newview.org