Re: snmpconf comments should never include technical descriptions

Jon> One other item that should be added though is that there is value
Jon> in the front matter of both standard and vendor specific MIB
Jon> Modules that gives general contextual or technology grounding for
Jon> the MIB Module. I do not think this violates your rules about
Jon> putting things in the DESCRIPTION clause though.

Grounding yes, description of usage no.

<theory>
Actually, I think that publishing MIBs inside an ID or RFC solely
designed to publish that MIB is a bad way to go, because people will
want to write text in the rest of the document that should either go
into description clauses or is a duplicate of the text in description
clauses.
</theory>

--
Wes Hardaker