Re: snmpconf 11. Setcli accessor function - Item to be resolved on email list

jon:

i was not able to be a part of the discussions in the minutes

i think that there is some standardization that can be done on this, but
only a limited amount ... the stuff "under" the setcli accessor function
will almost certainly be platform-dependent and implementation dependent,
i.e., what strings can be poked into the cli are not subject to our
standardization at this time

however, we should be able to standardize the name of such a function and
the minimum error behavior that it exhibits and i think we should try to
do so at this time

regarding your concern 3, below, i suggest that if discussion reveals that
others share your concerns, then we can handle them through appropriately
worded compliance statements

i think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks and we should give this a try

regards,
jdc

--------