RE: relationship of snmpconf to midcom?

Comments inline

> ----------

<.... snip ...>

> > The focus of the working group will be the architectural framework and
> > the requirements for the protocol between the requesting device and the
> > middle box and the architectural framework for the interface between the
>
> > middle box and the policy entity.  In both cases we intend to reuse
> > existing or in process IETF protocols if possible.

at this point it did list examples of IETF protocols.... SNMP was not there
and I suggested that SNMP could be used as well, in addition to probably
quite a few others. So... as to not "direct" the architectural and
requirements
work into a specific direction, we (IESG) changed it to not list any
specific
protocol for this phase of the charter.

<... snip ...>

> > Discovery of middle boxes is out of scope.
> >
> > The deliverables will be
> >
> > o a document specifying the architecture and interfaces on
> >
> >   . a requesting entity
> >
> >   . a middle box
> >
> > o a document the requirements for both the
> >   architecture and the control language
> >
> > o a document describing the requirements for a policy enity
> >
> > Once these deliverables are complete, the Area Directors will decide if
> > the working group should be rechartered.  If rechartered the working
> > group could undertake protocol development  or development of profiles
> > of existing protocols.

And at this point, it might be good for SNMP and/or SNMPCONF folks
to see how we could fit in the architecture and how could meet the
requirements.

Bert (AD hat on)