snmpconf Re: TE-MIB readonly or read/write

Howdy all,

I've axed most of the cc'ed folks and reduced it to TE and
SNMPCONF.

Jon Saperia wrote:
> I think we have a clear consensus among those that have
> recently commented. Define the MIB module completely including
> configuration/control objects. There are plenty of standard
> mechanisms by which vendors and users can use less than the
> full set of capabilities.

I completely agree.  Given that we _do_ have a secure way of
using SNMP now, I think it would be a mistake not to include
read/write objects in the MIB.  While some vendors may decide
not to implement them read/write, others certainly might
want to.  In my opinion, the MIB writers shouldn't make that
decision for them.

With kind regards,

--
David Partain                  David.Partain@ericsson.com
Ericsson Radio Systems AB      Tel:    +46 13 28 41 44