snmpconf Re: TE-MIB readonly or read/write

Forwarding bounced email msssage.

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:50:31 -0800
From: Rob Frye <rfrye@longsys.com>
To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
CC: Joseph Dube <jdube@mailhost.avici.com>, TE Working Group <te-wg@UU.NET>,
        SNMPv3 Working Group <snmpv3@lists.tislabs.com>,
        SNMPconf Working Group <snmpconf@snmp.com>
Subject: Re: TE-MIB readonly or read/write

Randy Bush wrote:

> > Please note that there is another mib containing a superset of the contents
> > of draft-ietf-tewg-mib-00.txt (Kireeti's mib).  This other mib is called
> > draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-05.txt and it allows management and configuration via
> > SNMP.
>
> it may help to think of kompella's at the api between ccamp and tewg/ppvpn,
> and nadeu's as at the border between ccamp and mpls.

Thanks Joe & Randy for the pointers to Nadeu's draft & how to view the two.  I'll
compare the two with that thought in mind.  However, I think Tony Tauber said what
I was trying to get at:
Tony> [I] can't see a good architectural reason to deny this possiblity right
Tony> out of the gate and box ourselves in.
Tony> If people choose not to use this capability or to administratively
Tony> prohibit it, that's fine ...

--
// Rob.

Rob Frye