Re: snmpconf Re: Comments on the draft-ietf-policy-terminology-00.txt document

> When you reference COPS as in the case above and PDPs and PEPs, they are
> protocol specific concepts. A policy management application and/or agent
> would be the comparable items in a Policy-enabled SNMP environment.

Jon,

I think you have it round the wrong way.  The PDP and PEP terminology
was coined by the RAP WG for the purpose of describing "A Framework for
Policy-based Admission Control" (RFC 2753), which is specified
independently of the COPS-protocol.

Keith.