Re: snmpconf A non-trivial policyAction example

At 04:01 PM 11/11/2000 +0100, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

>So your answer to David's question is:
>
>    Yes, the policy execution environment can act as a mid-level manager.
>
>Please correct me if I am wrong.

It is my understanding that the policy environment can *absolutely* act as
a mid-level manager.  In my vision, this is a transitional product strategy
for allowing a Policy MIB environment get deployed in a world with no
Policy MIB-savvy managed element agent environments initially.

In any event, there are plenty of text fragments through the current MIB
which indicate this capability unambiguously (even if we haven't discussed
explicit considerations for it very much if at all).

Thanks for forcing the issue, Juergen, since it's an important one.

Wayne