Re: snmpconf A non-trivial policyAction example

Greetings,

I just have one quick clarifying question:

Jürgen writes:

> The fix is flawed as well since the oid in the scratchpad does not say
> which SNMP agent the action is executed on. If you want to use the
> action on multiple RMON2 boxes, bad things will happen.

Is the implication of this statement that you are expecting
the execution environment to send SNMP set requests to multiple
other devices in a mid-level manager kind of way?

I see the "sets" in Steve's example as internal within a device,
not something that's sent to other devices.

Cheers,

--
David Partain                  David.Partain@ericsson.com
Ericsson Radio Systems AB      Tel:    +46 13 28 41 44