snmpconf Policy MIB: Pre-processor

Another (possibly the last) in my series of suggestions for significant in
the C-like language described in the Policy MIB.

The document lists a number of #defines for important constants. This
implies a C preprocessor. In the interest of keeping the language small, I
suggest that we do away with the C preprocessor in the agent code. Instead,
we would encourage implementors of management applications to provide a C
preprocessor through which code is processed before being sent to the
Policy agent. We are already recommending that management applications
perform substitution OIDs for MIB variable names, so I see this suggestion
as entirely consistent.

- Pablo
Pablo Halpern                                    phalpern@newview.org
http://www.halpernwightsoftware.com