Re: snmpconf Bulk data transfer MIB?

At 02:38 PM 10/12/00 -0700, Steve Jackowski wrote:
>snmpconf is not the right WG for this request as it is focused on policy
>management.

Steve, Susan:

There is the BCP in this working group which would be appropriate to document
what the best current practice is. I would like to document some best current
practice wrt moving large amounts of data as folks are doing it.

For example, the Apple Airport product (aka karlbridge) appears to move
bulk data over snmp when I put a sniffer on the wire during configuration

Also the ipsec folks have a similar problem, see their mailing list archive.

Lastly, take a look at the IRTF web site. They are doing the research
which includes snmp over tcp so you get flow control, etc.

Without knowing more about what the requirements are, it would be difficult
to make any recommendations.

Regards,
Mike MacFaden
www.riverstonenet.com