Re: snmpconf Bulk data transfer MIB?

Hi Susan,

snmpconf is not the right WG for this request as it is focused on policy
management.  In fact, I really can't think of a WG WG on file transfer.
There are a number of drafts and 'experimental' RFCs about file
distribution, and a few companies have focused on this, but I can't think of
many who have survived - Starburst Communications (www.starburstcom.com) did
large-scale multicast file transfer and had MIBs for management, but they
were acquired and subsumed by Adero.  Our new parent company uses Starburst,
but will be developing its own file management software now that Starburst's
products are unavailable.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.  Of course you could always define and
register your own MIB, even if you're using and off-the-shelf file transfer
product...

Steve
Steve Jackowski
President/CEO
Deterministic Networks, Inc.
1341 Pacific Avenue
Santa Cruz, Ca 95060

Office: (831) 421-0388 x18
Home office: (831) 426-4001 (also Hedgehog Books)
Mobile: (408) 813-6294
Fax: (831) 421-0394
www.DeterministicNetworks.com