Re: snmpconf General Functional Questions

All we're trying to do is make sure that when operators override a
policy that they do so deliberately. Access control is not the
right tool to accomplish this.

If every operator has some more restrictive "root" priveleges and all
objects require this new privelege, nothing has changed from an access
control perspective and the same mistakes will be made.

And administering fine-grained access control to restrict only those
objects currently under policy control is a nightmare.

Steve