snmpconf RE: Policy issues: definition of Roles

A role is just one of possibly many selectors that is used to download a
subset of appropriate policies from a much larger set of availale policies.

A role can be specified as part of a policy condition or action, both of
which are components of a policy rule as defined in the Policy Core
Information Model.

HTH,
John