snmpconf RE: Policy issues: definition of Roles

And, in particular, you only need to tell the device about those roles that
are relevant to it - that is where the big savings are, I think. e.g.

1. Device A has roles W, X and Y.
2. Device B has roles W, X and Z.
3. A policy that references roles W and X should be downloaded to both
devices.
4. A policy that references roles W and Y should be downloaded only to
device A, not device B.

The role combination concept in the PIB was introduced specifically in order
to do this: you have to be able to list only those roles that are relevant
to the policy, not necessarily ALL roles on the device, in a role
combination.

(Apologies if I'm repeating stuff here).

Andrew