Re: the future of SNMP

Wes> FYI, You might look at the DISMAN-EVENT-MIB or the
Wes> DISMAN-SCRIPT-MIB (and probably others) which access internal
Wes> agent objects by using the same security mechanisms that were
Wes> used to create the activation row or object in the table in
Wes> question.  IE, before the data was shipped via ftp it must be
Wes> gathered.  When gathered, it is gathered using the same secName
Wes> and secLevel as the original configuration object was set using.

This is what we ended up with because every other solution we
discussed which makes the hidden state explicit was considered too
complex. This approach is still kind of a hack - but definitely better
than pure implementation magic.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/schoenw/>