Re: the future of SNMP

--- "David T. Perkins" <dperkins@dsperkins.com> wrote:
> HI,
>
> For
> example, how does
> one "backup and restore" the configuration via SNMP?

I'm not sure I follow you.  are you referring to a
case where multiple snmp mgrs do some setups and they
aren't allowed (via policy) to read each other's table
rows?

I'm not sure that's a problem here.  each nms is
responsible for setting and maintaining its own rows.
there's no need for a backup since the authoritative
state is on the originating nms and its the one who
can re-push the config back again, should it get
deleted somehow.

or, do I misunderstand your question?